Terraform VMware Cloud Director Supplier v3.9.0 is on the market now, introducing new options and enhancements.
Introducing help for Container Service Extension (CSE) v4.0
This new model of the supplier incorporates a number of sources and information sources that may enable customers to make the most of the Runtime Outlined Entity framework:
- rde_interface useful resource and information supply, which permits suppliers to handle and fetch Runtime Outlined Entity Interfaces
- rde_type useful resource and information supply, which permits suppliers to handle and fetch Runtime Outlined Entity Sorts
- rde useful resource and information supply, which permits suppliers and tenants to handle and fetch Runtime Outlined Entities
With the addition of those, Terraform customers will have the ability to set up the Container Service Extension v4.0 in VCD 10.4+ by following a new guide complemented with some examples that may be custom-made and utilized, or just used as a place to begin.
The proposed examples construct the required components for CSE v4.0 to work:
- Organizations, VDCs and a primary networking setup with ALB, that customers can improve
- Runtime Outlined Entity Sorts and their corresponding situations to have the ability to configure the CSE Server and the TKGm clusters
- International roles, roles, rights bundles and customers
- VM Sizing Insurance policies required by the TKGm clusters
- Catalogs and OVAs
- Deploys the CSE Server vApp
As soon as put in, tenant customers can provision and handle Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Multi-cloud (TKGm) clusters utilizing the UI as normal.
Extending NSX-T capabilities
With this launch, the options associated to NSX-T continue to grow:
NSX-T Edge Gateway computerized IP Allocation administration
Earlier than this function was launched, NSX-T Edge Gateways would must be configured through the use of static IP swimming pools. Since v3.9.0, they will now allocate IPs mechanically by specifying various IPs that may be allotted per subnet, or per any subnet. You possibly can learn extra here.
New NSX-T sources and information sources
New NSX-V options
For these utilizing NSX-V of their VMware Cloud Director home equipment, this new model of the supplier provides help for Distributed Firewall in NSX-V VDCs. This can enable customers to phase their VDC entities, akin to VMs, Edge Gateways, Networks, and so on, primarily based on a number of attributes, by creating layer 3 guidelines.
Introducing newest VCD options
Our worthwhile neighborhood has additionally helped us to introduce a number of cool options into this launch:
And, as all the time, we’re awaiting your suggestions and options in GitHub Issues and #vcd-terraform-dev Slack channel (vmwarecode.slack.com).